Enable users Skype for business
In this tutorial we going to give full details to how to enable users in Skype for business or lync. This is the first step for the Skype for business admin.
To enable the users previously we Must configure the all required policy. You can see other posts,I discussed all the policy and how to create every policy.
1. Go to control Skype for business panel and login with your credentials. Go to USERS .
2. In that page just click ENABLE USERS. Now you can see the form with many options. Intialy you need to select the user from Active directory. Click ADD button. Then just enter the user first name or second name. And click FIND.
3. After that the result came , select the particular user and click OK.
4. Now you need to assign the pool to the users. Just select the active production pool.
5. Now the main steps is generating the SIP uri to the user. This is nothing,only Skype login I’d. You can select the USE USERS EMAIL ADRESS or you can enter manual address to this user. I recommend the use email option otherwise the user confused with email I’d and sip I’d.
6. Now you need to select the TELEPHONY OPTIONS. It have some options PC-TO-PC when you assign this,then the user only call to Skype to Skype only.
When you select enterprise voice you can call to any number , you can assign any number to the users.
7. LINEURI – if you enable enterprise voice then you can assign number to the user. The line uri format must be tel:+1234567890 like this.
8. CONFERENCING POLICY.
Skype for business give some amazing features to the users. You can create a conference meeting. You can create and assign the policy with your organization requirements. You can set desktop sharing also in this policy.
9. CLIENT VERSION POLICY
This policy only allows user to login in particular Skype for business client.
10. PIN POLICY
When user need to create and manage the conference then the user need pin. You can select and configure some policy here .
11. EXTERNAL ACCESS POLICY.
This policy only allows user to communicate with external domain users.
12. ATCHIVING POLICY.
This enable the logs to the all transactions and backup.
13. LOCATION POLICY.
It restricted the user to login in certain locations.
14. MOBILITY POLICY.
This policy allows user to login in the mobile android and iPhone client software.
15. PRESIDENT POLICY.
This policy allows the user can chat with the group members.
16. CLIENT POLICY.
This policy allows the user to use certain Skype for business client only.